Tips for Last Minute Cruises from Dubai
How does pricing work on Last Minute Cruises from Dubai?
Cruise lines fill almost every cabin on every sailing, and many cabins have more than 2 people. Cruise lines make much of their profits from high-margin items like shore excursions, liquor, spa treatments, alternative restaurant surcharges, etc. So, if the ship still has many empty cabins to fill less than 60 days prior to departure, cruise lines will get aggressive about selling those cabins.
However, while the cruise line might get aggressive, they are very smart in how they go about offering those cabins at a discount. Here's why:
- Most cruise lines have a lowest price guarantee to get people to book early. Those guarantees mean the cruise lines must compensate qualifying customers if a lower price becomes available.
- However, there are loopholes in those guarantees that cruise lines use to minimize the occurrences of having to payout to those already booked.
- Most of the loopholes are related to existing customers being eligible for a targeted discount (military, past passenger, resident of a certain state, senior citizen).
So when searching for a last minute cruise from Dubai, we will ask qualifying questions (are you a past passenger, senior citizen, etc.) during your cruise search. Those questions are being asked to help find you a lower price.
Last minute cruise "deals" might not always be related to offering a low price. Cruise lines do their best to avoid lowering their prices. Instead, last minute bookers from Dubai may be offered the following incentives:
- Cabin category upgrades: You pay for a lower cabin category, you get to select a cabin from a higher category. On a last minute cruise from Dubai, you might pay for a cabin with a picture window, but, end up in a cabin with a balcony.
- Onboard / Shipboard Spending Credit: Instead of a lower price, the ship provides you credit on your shipboard account that you can spend on anything that you can charge to your cabin. In a sense, this is as good as an outright discount off the price of the cruise.
When are the best prices available on Last Minute Cruises from Dubai?
Prices for cruises from Dubai will likely be higher during holiday seasons. For cruises from Dubai to countries in Europe and Asia, you may find sigificant discounts before and after high holidays, as well as before and after peak seasons for tourists. Regarding tourist seasons, these will vary by the weather in a given country, and cultural festivities can also drive up cruise fare. It IS important to balance that desire for the lowest fare with your expectations when you visit a given port of call. August, for example, may be a time when you can visit Barcelona for less money, but you'll also be putting up with heat and humidity.
Do prices ever go up on Last Minute Cruises from Dubai?
Yes. As a cruise ship sells out, the number of discounts will be fewer -- even to the point where the last cabins on a popular cruise (Spring Break, Christmas, & New Years) cruises end up selling at the full (brochure) price.
What are the top ports for Last Minute Cruises?
Looking for a last minute cruise? Check out these top cruise ports where last minute cruise deals can often be found:
Last Minute Cruises From Dubai Resources
Let DubaiCruises.net send you on a Last Minute Cruise from Dubai. You'll find the largest selection of Cheap Dubai Cruise Deals and helpful advice on Last Minute Cruises from Dubai. Book your Dubai cruise online, or call our Last Minute cruise experts at (800) 961-4635.
Images Copyright: Azamara Club Cruises, Royal Caribbean, and Holland America Line